Music is a language, a universal langage.
For over 35 years, people like you have enabled the Cleveland Jazz Orchestra to bring the finest in jazz education and entertainment to our region. We’ve presented inventive themes, amazing guest artists, and more original music than perhaps any large jazz organization in the United States. In a typical year, over 18,000 people experience our performances, and thousands of our region’s students work directly with our master teachers and musicians. The CJO can also be found making musical magic in our community’s churches, parks, and clubs.
These are unique and challenging times, and while we cannot present many of our usual cultural and educational enriching activities, we have spent the last several months providing innovative programming to Northeast Ohio in new ways, including livestreams of concerts and socially distanced outdoor events. We have forged a significant partnership with the Cleveland Municipal School District to provide student instruction and inspiration and look forward to returning to our regular Educational Outreach activities, when circumstances permit.
During our recent annual benefit, you may have heard a little more about what we have been doing from an educational standpoint during these unusual times, including creating online educational videos and writing new charts to be given away to school bands. We are in the process of releasing our third FREE chart to schools this month! And you can find our educational videos on our YouTube page, along with a recording of our recent benefit, if you missed it (or would like to re-watch your favorite spots!): https://bit.ly/CJOYouTubeHome
We are focused on finding innovative ways to continue our mission of bringing jazz education to Northeast Ohio schools and jazz music to the region. Here are various ways your contributions can help:
- $35 Covers video production of one CJO member’s recording of an original composition to be given away to school jazz programs.
- $100 Sponsors a CJO musician to record on an original composition to be given away to school jazz programs.
- $125 Sponsors a CJO musician at a school for a clinic or as a guest artist.
- $300 Sponsors the composition of an original piece of music by a CJO member to be given away to school jazz programs.
- $3000 Enables the full CJO to perform at a function or at a local school event.
You can donate in various ways:
- Online at: http://bit.ly/CJO2020Appeal
- Mail: Cleveland Jazz Orchestra, 2525 E. Royalton Rd Unit 470218, Broadview Hts, OH 44147
- Phone at (855) 301-5299
- Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for all of the support you’ve given to us over the last 35 years—and for all that you’ve enabled us to do to make Northeast Ohio a better, and jazzier, place to live. We hope that you will help us continue this legacy!
Join us, the musicians, board and audience of the CJO,
in ensuring a solid foundation for the next 35 years!