One positive thought produces millions of positive vibrations.
Tomorrow, December 1st, is GivingTuesday, which is a day of global generosity. GivingTuesday began in 2012, and it was created as a day to encourage people to do good. Since then, it has become a global movement, inspiring millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
While we are unable to have live shows, we are continuing our mission to enrich the cultural and intellectual fabric of the communities we serve through jazz. One way we can do this is through our Educational Outreach programs and inspiring new generations of jazz listeners, players, teachers, and jazz lovers. During the pandemic, we’re finding new and innovative ways to connect with students, teachers, and jazz lovers – our band members have created educational videos to help music teachers and band directors, and we are committed to giving one free arrangement/composition to schools each month, for them to use and share.
We believe that we connect through music and that jazz has the power to bring many cultures together.
On GivingTuesday, you can help us educate and inspire new generations of jazz lovers by supporting these new Educational Outreach opportunities.
Join us in celebrating #GivingTuesday by going to: https://bit.ly/CJO2020Appeal
OR texting “CJO4NEO” to 44-321
Here is how your generosity makes a difference on #GivingTuesday:
- $35 Covers video production of one CJO member’s recording of an original composition/ arrangement to be given away to school jazz programs.
- $50 Sponsors an hour long zoom lesson with a CJO musician.
- $100 Sponsors an hour long online masterclass with a CJO musician.
- $125 Sponsors a CJO musician at a school for a clinic or as a guest artist.
- $150 Sponsors an Educational Outreach video created by a CJO musician.
- $300 Sponsors an original composition/arrangement by a CJO member to be given away to school jazz programs, students, and teachers.
Sharing the music:
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for Friday, December 11th.
At 8 p.m., we’ll be live streaming from the Bop Stop. Join us: https://www.themusicsettlement.org/calendar/2020/12/11/cleveland-jazz-orchestra-octet-livestream-bop-stop
Sharing music & MORE:
Our online shop is up & running,
for the jazz lovers on your gift list.
Don we now our CJO swag!